About Tsinghua University Lab for Lifelong Learning (TULLL)
The establishment of TULLL is the result of a long-term strategic partnership between Tsinghua University and the LEGO Foundation. TULLL focuses on interdisciplinary and cutting-edge research on creative learning. The key interest of the Lab is to support creativity and learning across the Chinese educational system from early childhood to university by establishing a learning environment across ages and disciplines that stimulates competences like creativity, collaboration, innovation and problem solving.
TULLL has three main purposes :
- To promote new technologies and playful activities to stimulate creative engagement among children and students.
- To study how play influences children’s and students’ creativity and learning.
- To convene decision-makers, change-makers, educators, and innovators across the educational system in China.
TULLL is co-supported by the Academy of Arts & Design, the Fundamental Industry Training Center (iCenter), and the Institute of Education at Tsinghua University.
“Empower Every Lifelong Learner”
It’s the mindset, attitude, and behaviors that shape someone to be a lifelong learner. The mindset should be “growth mindset” and “process-driven”, which means people have control in their hands and are not afraid of changes. The attitude should be “proactive”, which means self-motivated, spontaneous, and self-rewarded. Behaviors should be “actionable”, which means “show, don’t tell”. TULLL is willing to take the initiative and infuse the spirit of lifelong learning into everyone and make change happen.
- Redefine educational outcomes for all age groups, with a greater emphasis on imagination, cross-disciplinary collaboration and skills for lifelong learning.
- Develop and showcase innovative learning technologies and tools to inform the formal educational system and inspire the informal maker communities.
- Conduct world-class scientific research on learning behavior and environment, with a particular focus on early childhood.
- Convene decision makers, education practitioners, technology innovators and all lifelong learners on a global scale.